Ambulatory Surgery Center Industry Overview
The global ambulatory surgery center market size was valued at USD 75.2 billion in 2018 and is estimated to register a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period.
Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, technological developments in surgical devices and equipment, and surgeons’ control over the choice of such equipment are some of the factors responsible for ASC market growth. Rising healthcare costs are a major concern plaguing the industry and with it comes the fact that not many patients can afford the treatment they need, including surgical procedures. This has compelled healthcare providers to come up with new ways to make such services more affordable while also focusing on quality. ASCs have proven to be an effective solution in this scenario.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Ambulatory Surgery Center Market
High hospitalization costs have also translated into dipping patient admissions in hospitals, with the number of outpatient visits witnessing a surge. According to the American Hospital Association, the total number of outpatient admissions increased from 624 million in 2008 to 675 million in 2012, while the number of inpatient admissions decreased from 35.76 million to 34.40 million in the same duration. The hike in outpatient admissions can also be attributed to the adoption of technologically advanced techniques in outpatient centers, rendering treatment cost-effective and speedier. Advanced surgical methods in such settings enable tests and procedures to be performed without hospital admission.
The rising number of collaborations and acquisitions in the field is also a key factor expected to drive the ASC market through 2026. In January 2017, Surgical Care Affiliates, Inc. (SCA) and Optum entered into an agreement to expand OptumCare’s capabilities in outpatient surgical procedures. In December 2016, SCA collaborated with Midwest Center for Day Surgery. The partnership was aimed at expanding SCA’s position as a low-cost, high-quality surgical services provider in Chicago. In addition, in December 2016, SCA entered into a partnership with Surgery Center at Doral (SCD) to enhance its presence in Miami. This collaboration was targeted to help provide high-quality surgical care at low costs to patients.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Surgical Equipment Market - The global surgical equipment market size was valued at 14.34 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030. Factors such rising geriatric population, rise in the incidence of lifestyle diseases that eventually require surgery, growing healthcare costs, and large unmet surgical needs are primarily driving the market.
- U.S. Gastroenterology Ambulatory Surgery Center Market - The U.S. gastroenterology Ambulatory Surgery Center market size was valued at USD 6.9 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 5.91% over the forecast period.
Ambulatory Surgery Center Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global ambulatory surgery center market by application and region:
ASC Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Pain Management/Spinal Injections
- Plastic Surgery
ASC Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa
Market Share Insights
- December 2018: Terveystalo acquired Attendo’s Finland-based healthcare services, and the combined operations were likely to start from January 2019.
- January 2017: Surgical Care Affiliates, Inc. (SCA) and Optum entered into an agreement to expand OptumCare’s capabilities in outpatient surgical procedures.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global ambulatory surgery center market include
- Community Health Systems, Inc.
- Envision Healthcare Corporation
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- MEDNAX Services, Inc.
- Quorum Health Corporation
- UnitedHealth Group
- Surgery Partners
- Healthway Medical Group
Order a free sample PDF of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn |