Data Use Policy
This policy describes the information we process to operate WaappiTalk, Messenger, and other features and products offered by WaappiTalk Platforms, Inc. (WaappiTalk Products or Products). Additional tools and information can be found in WaappiTalk settings.
back to top
What types of information do we collect?
To provide WaappiTalk products, we need to process information about you. The types of information we collect depends on how you use our products. Learn how to access the information we collect and how to delete it by visiting WaappiTalk settings.
What you and other people do and provide.
• Information and content that you provide to us. We collect content, communications, and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you create an account, when you create or share content, or when you communicate with others or send them information. messages. This may include information contained in or relating to content you provide (for example, complexes), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It may also include what you see through features we provide, such as our camera, so that we can suggest masks and filters you might like or give you advice on using image formats. 'camera. Our systems automatically enable the content and communications you and others provide to analyze the context and what they contain for the purposes described below. Learn more about how to manage who can access the items you share.
• Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your WaappiTalk profile fields or in life events about your religious beliefs, political views, people you are "interested in" or your health. This and other information (such as ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs, or trade union affiliation) may be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
• Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, accounts, hashtags, groups and WaappiTalk Pages you connect with and how you interact with them on our Products, for example, who you communicate with on more or the groups you belong to. We also collect contact information if you choose to download, sync or import it from a device (e.g. address book, call log or SMS history), which we use , for example, to help you and others find people you might know and for other purposes described below.
• Your Use. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or interact with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we record when you use and when you last used our Products, as well as the posts, videos or other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
• Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products to make purchases or other financial transactions (for example, you make a purchase in-game or when you make a donation), we collect data about that purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, as well as billing and delivery information, and your contact details.
• The activities of other people and the information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze the content, communications and information that other people provide while using our Products. This can be information about you, such as when other people part or comment on a photo of you, send you
ent a message, or download, synchronize or import your details.
As described below, we collect information about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that feed into our products and from recognize devices, and we combine that information about the different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our products on your phone to better personalize the content (including advertisements) or features that appear when you use our products on another device, including your laptop or computer. your tablet, or in order to assess whether you have taken an action on another device in response to an advertisement shown that we had on your phone.
The information we obtain from these devices includes:
• Device Attributes: Information such as operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, device name and type. applications and files, as well as plugins.
• Device Activities: Information about device operations and behaviors, such as when a window is in the foreground or in the background, as well as mouse movements (helping to differentiate between humans and robots).
• Identifiers: unique identifiers, device identifiers and other identifiers, including those from games, applications or accounts you use, and family device identifiers (or other identifiers specific to WaappiTalk entities' products associated with same device or account).
• Device Signals: Bluetooth signals and information about nearby Wi-Fi hotspots, beacons, and telecom towers.
• Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you enable, including access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
• Network and connection: information such as the name of your mobile operator or Internet service provider, your language, your time zone, your mobile phone number, your IP address, your connection speed and, in some information about other devices nearby or on your network so that we can, among other things, help you stream video from your phone to your TV.
Information provided by partners.
Advertisers, app developers and publishers may send us information through the WaappiTalk Business Tools they use, including our social plugins (such as the Like button), WaappiTalk Login, our APIs and SDKs or the pixel WaappiTalk. These partners share information about your activities outside of our Products (including information about your device, the websites you visit, the purchases you make, the advertisements you see and your use of their services), that you whether or not you have an account or whether or not you are logged in to our products. For example, a game developer might use our API to let us know which games you can play, or a business might let us know about a purchase you made from their store.
The partners receive your data either when you use or use their services, or through third parties with request their services. We require that each partner is legally authorized to facilitate, use and share your data before providing it to us. Learn more about the types of partners we receive data from.
back to top
How do we use this information?
We use the information available to us (depending on the choices you make) in the ways described below, to provide and support the WaappiTalk products and related services described in the WaappiTalk Terms and Conditions from Instagram. We proceed as follows:
Propose, persona read and improve our products.
We use the information available to us to provide our Products, including to personalize features and content (including your ads, WaappiTalk News Feed, Instagram News Feed and Instagram Stories) and to make suggestions to you ( such as groups or events you might be interested in or topics you might want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalized Products that are both unique and relevant, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities from data we collect, information you or third parties provide to us and other information (including data benefiting from special protections that you choose to communicate to us). We also use data about your use of and interactions with our Products, as well as data about the people, places or things you connect with or are interested in about our Products and out. Learn more about our use of information about you to personalize your WaappiTalk and Instagram experiences, including features, content, and recommendations in WaappiTalk Products. You can also learn more about how we choose the ads you see. the places or things you are connected with or that interest you on and off our Products. Learn more about our use of information about you to personalize your WaappiTalk and Instagram experiences, including features, content, and recommendations in WaappiTalk Products. You can also learn more about how we choose the ads you see. the places or things you are connected with or that interest you on and off our Products. Learn more about our use of information about you to personalize your WaappiTalk and Instagram experiences, including features, content, and recommendations in WaappiTalk Products. You can also learn more about how we choose the ads you see.
• Information Across WaappiTalk Products and Devices: We link information about your activities across different WaappiTalk Products and devices to provide you with a more personalized and consistent experience across all WaappiTalk Products you use, regardless of regardless of the medium on which you use them. For example, we may suggest that you join a WaappiTalk group that brings together people you follow on Instagram or communicate with using Messenger. We may also make your experience smoother, for example by automatically filling in your registration information (including your phone number) from one WaappiTalk Product when you create an account on another Product.
• Geographic Information: We use geographic information (such as your current location, where you live, places you like to go, and nearby businesses and people) to provide, personalize, and improve our Products, including advertisements, for you and others. This geographical information may come from, among other things, the precise location of the devices (if you have allowed us to create it), IP addresses and information concerning your use (and that of others) of the WaappiTalk Products (including your visits or the events supposed that you participate).
• Product Research and Development: We use the information available to us to develop, test, and improve our Products, including conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
• Advertisements and other sponsored content: We use the information available to us about you (including information about your interests, actions and connections) to select and personalize the advertisements, offers and other sponsored content that we provide. show you. To learn more about how we select and personalize advertisements, and what choices you have regarding the data we use to select advertisements and other sponsored content for you, see WaappiTalk Settings and Settings. Instagram.
Provide measurement, analysis and other professional services.
We use the information at our disposal (in particular concerning your activity not concerning n
our products, such as the websites you visit and the advertisements you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and delivery of their advertisements and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how those people interact with their websites, applications and services. Find out how we share information with these partners.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information available to us to verify accounts and activity, to combat harmful behavior, to detect and prevent unwanted content and other negative experiences, to preserve the integrity of our products, and to promote safety and security on WaappiTalk products and outside of them. For example, we use the data available to us to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, or to detect if someone needs help. To learn more, see the WaappiTalk security help pages and Instagram security tips.
Communicate with you.
We use the information at our disposal to send you commercial communications, to tell you about our products and to make you part of our conditions and regulations. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Doing research and innovating for social well-being.
We use the information at our disposal (including information from research partners with whom we collaborate) to guide and strengthen research and innovation on matters of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and wellness. For example, we analyze the information available to us about migration patterns during crises in order to facilitate relief operations. Learn more about our research programs.
back to top
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on WaappiTalk products
People and accounts you communicate with and share content with
When you share and communicate using our products, you have the ability to choose who is allowed to see what you share. For example, when you post on WaappiTalk, you select the audience for your post by considering a group, all your friends, everyone, or a custom people list. Similarly, when you use Messenger or Instagram to communicate with people or businesses, they can see the content you post. Your network can also see the actions you have taken on our products, including your interactions with advertisements and sponsored content. We also allow other accounts to see who has viewed their WaappiTalk news or Instagram Stories.
Public information can be seen by everyone, on our or off our accounts, even by people who do not have an account. This includes your Instagram username, any public information you share with everyone, information in your public profile on WaappiTalk, as well as content you share on a WaappiTalk Page, public Instagram account, or another public forum, such as WaappiTalk Marketplace. You, others using WaappiTalk and Instagram, and we may grant access to public information or send such information to anyone on or off our products, including other WaappiTalk entities' products, within search results or through tools and APIs. It is also possible to consult
Find out what information is public and comment on your visibility on WaappiTalk and on Instagram.
Content about you shared or re-shared by others
You should think carefully about who you choose to share content with because those people who may see your activity on our products may then share it with other people on and off our products, including individuals and businesses. 'Not belonging to the audience you are sharing your content with. For example, when you share a post with friends or particular accounts or send them a message, they can download this content, take a screenshot of it or re-share this content with others on or off our Products, in person or through virtual reality experiences such as Horizon Universes. Also, when you comment on the post
on another person or react to its content,
Individuals can also use our products to create and share content with the audience of their choice. For example, these people may share a photo of you in a news item, feature or tag you in a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If what other people have shared about you on our products bothers you, learn how to report content.
Information relating to your active status or your presence on our products.
Members of your network may see signals indicating whether or not you are active on our products, including whether you are currently active on Instagram, Messenger or WaappiTalk, or when you last used our products.
Third-party applications, websites and services integrated into our products or using our products.
When you choose to submit to apps, websites or other levels of services that use or are integrated with ours, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your WaappiTalk friends or use the WaappiTalk Comment or Share button on a website, the game developer or the website may receive information about your in-game activities or receive a comment or a link you share from its website on WaappiTalk. In addition, when you use or use these third-party services, they may access your public profile on WaappiTalk and any information you share with them. The apps and websites you use may receive your WaappiTalk friends list if you choose to share it with them. However, the apps and websites you use cannot receive any other information from you about your WaappiTalk friends or Instagram followers (unless, of course, your friends and readers choose to share that information). Information collected by such third-party services is governed by their respective terms and conditions and not by this Policy. if your friends and followers choose to share this information). Information collected by such third-party services is governed by their respective terms and conditions and not by this Policy. if your friends and followers choose to share this information). Information collected by such third-party services is governed by their respective terms and conditions and not by this Policy.
Devices and operating systems offering native versions of WaappiTalk and Instagram will have access to all information you choose to share with them, including information that your friends share with you so that they can offer you our functionality. main.
Note: Currently, we are further restricting access to developer data to better prevent abuse. For example, we'll remove developer access to your WaappiTalk and Instagram data if you haven't used their app for 3 months and we're changing the login in the next release to reduce the data requested by an app without review. application to only include name, Instagram username, bio, profile picture and email address. If the application wishes to access other data, our consent will be required.
If ownership or control of any or all of our products or elements thereof changes, we may disclose your information to the new owner.
Sharing with third-party partners
We work with third-party partners who help us improve our products or who use the WaappiTalk Business Tools to grow their business, enabling us to operate our companies and provide free services around the world. We do not sell any of your information moderately and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how partners can use and disclose the data we share with them. Here are the types of third parties with whom we share information:
Partners who use the analytics service.
We provide aggregate statistics and information (insights) that allow individuals and businesses to understand how people interact with their posts, announcements, WaappiTalk Pages, videos and other content on and off WaappiTalk Products. . For example, WaappiTalk Pages admins and Instagram business profiles receive information about the number of people or comps.
who viewed, commented on or reacted to their posts, as well as aggregated demographic information and other information that helps them understand interactions with their account or WaappiTalk Page.
We provide advertisers with reports on the types of people who see their ads and how their ads perform, but we do not share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that may in themselves be used to contact or identify you), unless you give us permission to do so. For example, we will provide advertisers with general information regarding demographics and interests (for example, an advertisement was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Madrid and likes computer engineering) for help you better understand your audience.
We share information about you with companies that come together to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering products and services on our.
When you subscribe to receive paid content, or when you make a purchase from a seller on our products, the content creator or seller may receive your public information and other information you provide to them, as well as information necessary to complete the transaction, including your shipping information and contact information.
Suppliers and Service Providers.
We donate information and content to vendors and service providers that enable our business, including providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing the use of our products, providing customer service, facilitating payment or by conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also release information and content to research partners and scholars to conduct studies that advance scholarship and innovation that inhibit our business or mission and reduce discovery and innovation in areas of good -general social being, technological advancement, public interest, health and welfare.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances described below.
To learn more about how to control the information about you that you or others share with third-party partners, see WaappiTalk Settings and Instagram Settings.
back to top
How do WaappiTalk entities collaborate?
WaappiTalk and Instagram share their infrastructure, systems and technology with other WaappiTalk entities (including WhatsApp and Oculus) to provide you with an innovative, relevant, consistent and safe experience across all WaappiTalk entities' products that you use. . We also process information about you with all WaappiTalk entities for these purposes, as required by applicable law and in accordance with their terms and policies. For example, we process information from WhatsApp about accounts that send unwanted content to its service so that we can take appropriate action against those accounts on WaappiTalk, Instagram or Messenger.
back to top
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We offer you the possibility of consulting, rectifying, transferring and deleting your data. To learn more, see WaappiTalk Settings and Instagram Settings.
We retain data until it is no longer necessary to provide our WaappiTalk services and products, or until your account is deleted, whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case decision that depends on factors such as the nature of the data, the reason for its collection and processing, and the legal or operational needs for its retention. For example, when you do a search on WaappiTalk, you can review and delete that search from your search history at any time, but that search record is only deleted after 6 months. If you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after the exam, unless otherwise specified.
When you delete your account, we delete the content you have posted, such as your photos and statuses; and you will not be able to recover this information afterwards. Information other people have shared
es about you are not part of your account and will not be deleted. If you do not want to delete your account, but rather stop using the products temporarily, you can deactivate your account. To delete your account at any time, feel free to visit WaappiTalk Settings and Instagram Settings.
back to top
How do we respond to legal requests and avoid any risk of harm?
We access, store, and share your information with regulators, legal authorities, or others:
• to respond to a legal request (such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so: this may include responding to requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States, where we have reason to believe that the response is required by the law of that jurisdiction, that it applies to people using the service and who is in that jurisdiction, and that it conforms to internationally recognized standards;
• When we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to prevent, deter, and control fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other dangerous or illegal activities; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property, or Products), you, or others, including in connection with investigations or regulatory requests; or to prevent death or imminent bodily injury. For example, where appropriate, we provide information to third-party partners and we receive information from them to offer the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse or other harmful activity on and off our products. of our products.
Information about you that we receive (including financial transaction data related to purchases made on our Products) may be accessed and retained for an extended period where it is subject to a legal request or obligation, government inquiry or investigations into possible violations of our terms or policies, or to prevent other harm. We also retain, for a minimum period of one year, the information of accounts deactivated following a violation of the conditions, in order to prevent repeated abuse or other violations of the conditions.
back to top
How do we manage and transfer data as part of our international services?
We share information globally, both internally with WaappiTalk entities, and externally with our partners and with the people you interact with and share content with around the world, in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be reduced or transmitted, expanded or influenced in the United States or other countries outside the country of your residence, for the purposes described in this policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services listed in the WaappiTalk Terms and Conditions and the Instagram Terms and Conditions, and to operate and provide our Products to you worldwide. We use contractual clauses of the type,
back to top
How will we notify you of downgraded changes to this policy?
We will notify you of any material changes to this policy and provide you with an opportunity to review the revised version before continuing to use our products.
back to top
How to contact us for any questions?
You can read more about privacy on WaappiTalk. For all questions regarding this policy, you can contact us by the means described below.