If you're considering an income as a web creator, you're likely to be confused by the web designer and web developer conflict. Which of these two career choices is right for you? This is a brief guide to help you make a decision between an occupation as a web designer or web developer.
Web designers design the appearance and feel of a website, while web developers write the code that makes it function. Developers and designers often collaborate, though their roles are different.
Who is a web designer?
Web designers are the person who makes sure that a website looks good. The main responsibility of web designers is to pay attention to the design and overall look of the site by using tools such as Photoshop, Corel Draw, and so on. To create a website that is more attractive.
Who is a web developer?
Skills Required for Web Designer
Web designers require strong abilities based on their job and area of expertise. In general, web designers must have the following competencies to succeed:
- A fundamental understanding of the principles of web design and the accessibility requirements for websites
- CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)
- Understanding the fundamentals of responsive and interactive design.
- Prototyping and wireframing commands
- Ability to design software and tools
- Acquaintance with color theory, branding, and typography
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills
Skills Required by Web Developers
Web developers also require technical and non-technical abilities such as strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to problem-solving skills and analytical thinking skills to be successful in their job. A few of the technical abilities required by web developers are:
- Information on the back end and databases
- Skills for testing and debugging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience with Content Management Systems like WordPress
Difference Between a Web Designer and Web Developer
Web designers and web developers play a crucial part in the development of websites and their maintenance. But the main distinctions between them are as follows:
- While web designers focus on the artistic aspects, such as the design and ease of use of their websites, web designers are more technically oriented and concentrate on structure and functionality.
- Web designers convert concepts into attractive designs, and web developers convert concepts into fully usable websites.
Web designers can be web developers in the same way as a web developer could decide to become a designer. Both professions require an aspirant to have sufficient understanding and practical skills in the other area. The two fields are in some way connected, and you could opt to be both once you've mastered both areas. Learn about web design and development at MAAC Girish Park and have an opportunity to build your career on a higher level with more possibilities.